Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Spinach - Mushroom Salad

This is one of our very favorite salads. I've been making this for 17 years. This has been requested as our salad on Thanksgiving.
Spinach-Mushroom Salad {The Southern Living Cookbook}

1 pound fresh spinach ( I like to use baby spinach )
1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
3 hard cooked eggs,chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped

1/2 C. vegetable oil
3 Tbs. vinegar ( I use cider vinegar )
1/3 C. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
dash of pepper
8 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled


Wash spinach and pat dry.
Tear into bite size pieces.
Combine spinach, mushrooms, eggs and green onions in large bowl.

Combine oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, dry mustard and pepper in a jar. Cover and shake vigorously.

Top spinach with dressing just before serving. Sprinkle with bacon on top.

P.s. It's DIY Day over at A soft place to land.



14 comments:

JoAnn said...

This sounds so good, even this early in the morning! :)

Kathy Walker said...

Spinach Salad is one of my favorites. Your recipe has a wonderful combination of flavors! I must make this...I actually have fresh spinach in the frig!

love lives in the kitchen said...

i love spinach and i love mushroom! this is my recipe :)
wish you a great day,
justyna

Rita said...

My all time favourite salad; my husband likes it if I add some crumbled bacon bits to his bowl.

Teresa said...

That looks so fresh I just want to dive through this computer and start munching!
Lovin' seeing a recipe from Southern Living!
You don't see that magazine on the magazine racks here in the Northwest!
Nothing like Southern Living Mag.
XXOOXX

Berta F said...

Ummmmm... I want to cook this salad....for tomorrow ...Thank you ¡¡¡¡ Berta

Unknown said...

hola,gracias por pasar por mi blog,he visitado tu blog y me encanta muchisimo,es muy lindo.saludos desde
lanzarote (Islas Canarias ) EspaƱa.

Jboo said...

Sounds like a great combo - spinach and mushrooms! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Janet

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Mmmm...that looks so good. The recipe for the dressing sounds great. Definitely making this one. Thanks!

beachvintage.com said...

17 years makes this salad nothing other than fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

Simple Daisy said...

I love spinach salad...
Plus spinach is soooo good for you:)

Cathy said...

After yesterday's big meal your lovely salad looks wonderful. Bacon, eggs and mushrooms are perfect with spinach.

Trish said...

Love it....well, love spinach period! This morning for brekkies I am having steamed spinach with a poached egg and fresh grated nutmeg...want to come over for some? Coffee is almost ready!

dtbrents said...

I love salads and this looks like a great one. Doylene

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails