Thursday, January 29, 2009

I finally found the perfect Clam Chowder !


I must admit, I crossed my fingers as everyone dived into their soup......hoping it would be "The One"...The Clam Chowder I have been searching for...and it was ! Since I live by the beach, I tend to order Clam Chowder often when we go out. I have been determined to find a recipe that I love, but haven't been able to get it quite right...Until now !! This fantastic soup was posted by Melanie at My Kitchen Cafe . My entire family went back for seconds and thirds ! After dinner, I ran to my 'binder' full of recipes, and ripped out the current "clam chowder recipe"...and replaced it with this one.
If you like clam chowder, give this a whirl ! (recipe posted at My Kitchen Cafe)
p.s.
I found Clam Juice in the Soda section of my grocery store. It was by the grenadine, augusta bitters, giant olives for martinis, margarita salt, etc. I guess you must use it in cocktails.

9 comments:

Karen said...

I got the recipe - this is one I'll try :)

LuLu said...

Will promise to make this weekend! And can't wait to ooh and ahhh over it!
LuLu

Melanie said...

Your enthusiasm always, always makes me smile. I'm so glad that you loved this recipe!

Kaitlin said...

I'm not a seafood fan, but my family is..and being from New England, they all love clam chowder! I totally need to give my mom this recipe. Thanks!

test it comm said...

I have been wanting to try clam chowder. They always look really good.

LuLu said...

I'm making this!!!! told you I would!
LuLu

Lady Baker said...

I am going to try that chowder for sure! I've been seeking out a good recipe for one-so glad I visited your blog today!

Matt's Kitchen said...

I like that the recipe uses canned clams. I love Snow's clams. They don't taste canned at all. My mom used to make a great clam chowder. I really want to try this!

Queen B. said...

Karen- let me know how you like it.

Lulu- Try it !

Melanie- THANK YOU FOR THE RECIPE

Kaitlin-Give this to your mom !!

Kevin - Do try it !!

Lady Baker- I'd love to know how it all turned out !!

Matt- OOhh ! I'll keep an eye out for Snow Clams !!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails