Monday, January 19, 2009

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork, Root beer style !

** reposted for Crock Pot Wednesday thanks to Debbie from Dining with Debbie who hosted this event.





{ I found this recipe on allrecipes.com.}

 I rarely cook in a crock pot, but this is a necessity during soccer season ! I hate coming in late with the kids in tow, and then have to put dinner together. It's so nice to open the door with exhausted kids, and know that a giant pulled pork sandwich is just seconds away ! By the time they are done washing up, their dinner is waiting for them !

The reason I like this recipe better, is I really like the texture of the pork. It really has that 'pulled pork' thing going on, unlike my other recipe which seems kind of mushy now that I think about it ! I noticed that it is also cooked on LOW instead of high, like my other one.

The root beer really gives it an interesting 'zing' that's so subtle. The kids went back for seconds, so that's why this is my new BBQ pork for 09.


Slow Cooker Pulled Pork


"Using root beer to season slow cooked pork tenderloin makes a novel, yet tasty preparation method guaranteed to win applause."

Ingredients:
1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin ( I used the whole package, they come with two )
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer ( I used IBC Root Beer )
1 (18 ounce) bottle your favorite barbecue sauce ( I like KC Masterpiece )
8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted ( I didn't toast mine and they were fine )

Directions:
1. Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours. Note: the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker. Drain well. Stir in barbecue sauce. Serve over hamburger buns.





I still top mine with BONE SUCKIN' SAUCE !!!! YUMMA LUMMA !!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three ingredients? That's my kind of recipe. I am into ease these days. I certainly remember the days of soccer practices and games. Now, it's volleyball, but fortunately my son has a car so that helps!

I am off today and am going to find some Bone Suckin' Sauce!

JEWEL said...

This sounds delicious. Do you use a certain brand of pork or a butcher cut? Thank you for posting this recipe.

Kathy said...

Yummy!! This recipe sounds wonderful!

Kathy :)

Queen B. said...

Matt - I love that it's 3 ing ! I am totally into afforable meals yet FABULOUS ! My grocery bill is killing me these days. I hope you find the bone suckin' sauce, because it's simply amazing !! Worth every PENNY !!

Jewel- I just get whatever pork tenderloin is in that package...I don't use any particular brand. It depends on where I get it...

Kathy- It's so good...and I love that it makes FANTASTIC leftovers if you are lucky enough to have any ! I only had about 1 C. left because my family DEVOURED IT !!

Lulu and Co. said...

Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe!! just what I need for the family.
LuLu

NKP said...

Slow cooker pork with root beer - sounds great! I would definitely try it. I do have better luck with recipes that are on low in the slow cooker.

Emily @ Marvelous Recipes said...

I have never used root beer in pork but this recipe sounds great! Thanks for sharing with us! :)

Unknown said...

WOW!!! root beer and pork. This sounds GREAT!!! THANKS!!! for the recipe. Geri

Unknown said...

Amazing idea. I don't think I have seen this before. Thanks so much for posting to Crock Pot Wednesday. I hope to see you here each week. I appreciate you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails