Friday, September 25, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Strips

This one's for the boys...

What is it with men and hot wings anyways ?

I tried Martha Stewart's Buffalo wings. They were great. It took me forever to prepare, and that was a few years ago, and I was never inspired to make them again. It was just too messy and fussy for me.

I have a secret and I'm going to share it with you. Come here.... a little closer....ok...that's good.

Ready ?

These came out of a bag !

This summer I tried Tyson Buffalo Chicken Strips simply because they were on sale at Walmart.


If you could have seen the look on my hubby's face when he came home for dinner and tried one.... his exact words were.... "Did you pick these up from Hooters ?"

I've never eaten at Hooters. Ever. { But I hear they serve great buffalo wings. } Ya, right ! He loved these, and even splashed extra Franks Sauce on his because he likes his wings super hot. I thought they were hot enough ! Just serve with blue cheese or ranch on the side...and you're done. How easy is that ?

I always have to have an 'back up plan' on days I run way too many errands, like today. I was comforted knowing that dinner was taken care of.

These are perfect for football season... a lot of people tailgate.. or just stash a bag in your freezer so when you are out shopping all day, you know what's for dinner. So, there. That's my secret. It's my version of not cooking, but everyone's still happy !

They really are good. I mean really good ! I hate to admit it, because I take pride in cooking for my family, but my hubby has actually called from work to ask if I can make these !

Do yourself a favor, give yourself the night off in the kitchen, and serve these up. If you like hot wings, you'll like these.

Participating in Foodie Friday & Friday's Family Recipe

18 comments:

LuLu said...

I'm adding them to my grocery list! with my sale coming up i need go to meals!!!
xo,
LuLu

Tracy ~Seeking Refinement~ said...

so fun! love this tip.

My husband is a hot-sauce connoisseur. (he likes the REALLY hot stuff: sriracha...SOO spicy!)

TGIF!

T.

Mary Bergfeld said...

We'll keep this "our little secret."
You made me smile. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Rita said...

I will look for these at the store; my DH loves wings but it isn't something I love making maybe this will be my solution; thanks.
Sage/Rita

Carrie said...

Good to know! I love buffalo wings, but refuse to make them from scratch so I usually limit my intake to when we go out to dinner...about once every three months!!

Thanks for visiting my blog! Come back anytime!

Jo said...

My son LOVES these ~ he asked for a case of them for Christmas!

Jo

Kathy Walker said...

Oh, this will hit the spot at our house! I will try to find them. I love Frank's!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

They sound yummy, but if I come over would you make me the Martha Stewart ones?
Thanks for the comment on my blog!
Tauna

hearts81 said...

Now that is my kind of cooking! These chicken strips are going on my shopping list! You never know when you are going to need something fast.

Cole said...

Martha's recipes are always so involved. My hubby loves hot wings, so I'm adding these to our list to try. Thanks for the tip! Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Diann @ The thrifty Groove said...

We love buffalo chicken strips here as well. I will have to look for this to come on sale and have as a quick "back up mesl" when I am running around like a crazy woman and haven't even thought about dinner yet! LOL

Thanks you for stopping by my blog!

Have a wonderful Day!

Anonymous said...

why are those such a favorite? My hubby LOVES them!

love lives in the kitchen said...

you have a very beautiful culinary blog. i'm happy to follow you :)
have a great day!
justyna

K-Sue said...

Thanks for stopping by to comment! What a fun blog you have!

I picked these and other Tyson chicken strips up when they are 2-for-1 sale at Publix. Tossed about 6 bags into the freezer, and what a convenience! We have almost run out, so I'll keep an eye out.

The Fajdich Times said...

I will be picking up some of these. We are great fans of chicken strips or wings. I have been to Hooters. They have the best. Your blog is very nice, hope you stop by:)

The Internet Cooking Princess said...

So funny! I actually discovered these in college and were pretty surprised myself. And, I totally still sneak them in on game days!

Love your blog!

annebabe said...

Those sound fantastic!! Thanks for the recommendation. We always have loved Tyson's tequila lime chicken wings. They are fabulous, a little ranch on the side, mmmmmgood. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Beach Decor said...

They look very yummie, I have to say! Just sad that we don't have them in Australia, otherwise they would have been on my shopping list for sure!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails