Monday, December 6, 2010

Baked Raspberry Custard




When I went home this summer, mom made this for me.
Oh yum. Comfort. Comfort. Comfort. And the kids loved it too !!





I made it this weekend, and I just have to wonder why on earth it took me 6 months to make it myself ! Perfect paired with a hot cup of tea, cocoa or coffee !!

Baked Raspberry Custard by Martha Stewart





1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
3/4 cup whole milk
3 large eggs
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups raspberries (about 9 ounces)


1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In oven, melt butter in a 9-inch pie plate, about 6 minutes.
2.In a blender, combine milk, eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, flour, salt, and vanilla. Add melted butter and blend mixture until smooth, 30 seconds.
3.Distribute berries evenly in pie plate and pour batter over top. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar and bake until slightly puffed and just set in middle, 20 to 25 minutes. Heat broiler and broil until top is deep golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve warm.





Share/Bookmark







20 comments:

Southern Lady said...

Yummy....sounds great! Carla

Penny Pincher said...

That looks so fresh and tasty! It sounds really good when you think about all the heavy desserts we eat this time of year.

Janet said...

This looks really yummy!

Kathy Walker said...

Heavenly! I know we would enjoy this...printing...

Sean Grey Hanson said...

I recently learned about baking custard out of mango from watching cooking shows. But this raspberry custard your mom's making is great than mine, ~_~

koralee said...

Now that looks amazing my friend...Sending you oodles of Holiday JOY. xoxoox

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

That sounds yummy. I have always loved the tartness of raspberries.
another friday's favorite for sure :-)

Leslie said...

I love your front door...so festive!
And the custard, well..it looks amazing..like everything else you make!

Simple Daisy said...

Ooh....yum...yum:):)

Catherine said...

Sounds so good! Merry christmas!

Anne said...

Oh Queen B this looks so fresh and yummy! I hope you guys had a Merry Christmas! Hugs!

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Wow, that looks so heavenly delicious yet so simple. It's fresh raspberry time here right now, and I won a give-away at Christmas time for some beautiful home-made vanilla extract - seems like the Gods are hinting for me to make this :-)
Best wishes to you for the new year.
Sue xo

kitchen roach/galley roach said...

i am not a desert person but for that i would go miles.....

Tapping World Summit said...

It certainly looks good and yummy!

Anonymous said...

I recently moved my blog to wordpress.com/ Come over @ my blog & check it out! You must update your RSS too!

Margaret Murphy Tripp said...

Wow, that looks delicious. I love raspberries!

Medifast Coupon said...

This baked raspberry custard looks wonderful, look forward to trying. That Martha she just always has exactly what I need for some warmth and comfort.

Christina Kim said...

I love raspberries but they are just so hard to come by in my country as they are imported to this part of the world! How I long for fresh raspberries:)
Your raspberry custard is indeed gorgeous!!~

MissBliss said...

Hi Queen B-- back from a busy school year. LOVE this. YUM.!! xo xo Miss Bliss, your fellow TJ Maxx aficionado

Anne said...

Queen B we MISS you! Come back please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails