Sunday, September 12, 2010

Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake


Happy Blue Monday ! Yes, as a matter of fact, this is my breakfast... We had another birthday weekend...My daughter adores Hello Kitty and I went to Michaels and could not find a Hello Kitty cake pan... so I had to come up with plan B. That's what I get for waiting until the last minute !

The good news is this pound cake is delicious ! And even better for 'breakfast' the next morning with a cup of hot coffee !! Maybe my Foodie Friday friends like coconut !


COCONUT CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE {Southern Living Cookbook}


1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (6 ounce) packages frozen coconut, thawed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon coconut extract


1 Cream the butter, shortening, and cream cheese together in a bowl.

2 Gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed.

3 Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.

4 In another bowl, combine flour, soda, and salt.

5 Add to creamed mixture, stirring just until blended.

6 Stir in coconut and remaining ingredients.

7 Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.

8 Bake in a 325° oven for 1 1/2 hours or until a picks tests clean.

9 Cool in pan for 10-15 minutes.

10 Turn out of pan and cool completely on a wire rack


Share/Bookmark

16 comments:

La said...

This looks and sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing this tempting recipe. La

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Great save with the "Hello Kitty"! Sounds yummy -- but my husband doesn't like coconut -- and well -- I guess that would just leave me to eat the whole cake!

Jo said...

Cut a slice for me ~ I'll be right over! This sounds amazing.

Jo

SmilingSally said...

Now, that's being creative.

Happy Blue Monday! Check out my book giveaway.

LV said...

How good a big, hot slice of that would be. Nice post.

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

Oh my that looks so delicious. ~~Sherry~~~

Dena E's Blog said...

Simply Divine Sweetie...HappY BLUE Monday to you..
May God's blessings be all over you and yours this week ~~~Hugs Dena

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I have made this pound cake before... it is great! I'll take a few fresh strawberries with my sliver please :-)
Happy Blue Monday!

Jane said...

This sounds soooooo good! I love anything with coconut! I am definitely trying it tomorrow...
Jane (artfully graced)

NanaDiana said...

wow! Does THAT sound good! I don't know how I missed this post earlier....wish I had been able to make this Monday night...someone in our family loves Coconut. I'd say you did a pretty clever job with Hello Kitty there!>) Diana

Bonnie @ See How She Runs said...

this looks divine, I may have to fire up my oven to make this... not sure If I can hold out till colder weather

Signing Out said...

Your pound cake looks and sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

I love love love coconut. This pound cake sounds wonderful with the coconut AND cream cheese. Bookmarked! Thank you for sharing!

House Of Aqua said...

Yum! It looks super moist and I love coconut!

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Gorgeous looking cake - very creative solution to the Hello Kitty dilemna :-)
Sue

Osterreich said...

Yummy..i love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails