Monday, September 6, 2010

The Most Requested Pie at the Cozy Kitchen

It's hard to believe summer is coming to a close...but we took advantage of beautiful weather and took the boat out... I couldn't help but think of Smiling Sally hosting Blue Monday and A Southern Daydreamer hosting Outdoor Wednesday when we passed this blue boat !

The end of summer means a lot of birthdays in our house...and it all starts with this.

The most requested pie in our Cozy Kitchen...and I just have to share it with all my Foodie Friday friends !{hosted by the wonderful Designs by Gollum!}

Lucious Caramel Banana Pie {The Southern Living Cookbook}

14 oz Sweetened condensed milk

2- 3 Bananas

1-(9-inch) graham cracker crust

1 c Whipping cream

1/4 c Powdered sugar; sifted

1 - 2 English toffee-flavored candy (I use Heath bars), chopped



Pour sweetened condensed milk into an 8-inch pieplate. Cover pieplate with aluminum foil. Pour about 1/4-inch hot water in a larger shallow pan. Place covered pieplate in pan. Bake at 425 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until condensed milk is thick and caramel colored (add hot water to pan as needed).
Remove foil when done, and set aside. Cut bananas crosswise into 1/8-inch slices, and place on crust. Spread caramelized milk over bananas.



Cool for at least 30 minutes. Beat whipping cream until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form.
Spread over caramel layer.
Sprinkle with crumbled candy.

Chill at least 3 hours or overnight before . Enjoy !


Share/Bookmark

25 comments:

love lives in the kitchen said...

hi! i'm back from my vacation and found this delicious recipe here! i need to try it! when i watch these pictures it's clear to me that it's the most requested pie at the cosy kitchen ;)
have a sweet week,
justyna

Lynn said...

Beautiful pics, lovin' that pie!

NanaDiana said...

Yum! I make this almost exact recipe in cake form...it is one of our all time favorites. I'll bet my son-in-law will love this...probably eat the whole thing himself! Thanks for the recipe! Diana

SmilingSally said...

My husband's favorite birthday cake is a pie!

That blue picture is drop-dead gorgeous!

Happy Blue Monday, Queen B! Check out my book giveaway.

tinyskillet said...

Oh yum! I wish I had this pie for my birthday last week! Your photos are stunning!

Rebecca said...

Wow-that pie looks interesting and good!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I like your photo. I would love to be on that boat about to dive off into the sea right now. Then get out and have a piece of your yummy-looking pie. Happy Blue Monday to ya.
Su-sieee! Mac
This and That. Here and There. Now, Sometimes Then.

Carol said...

That is one great looking pie! and looks like a great day on the water. Great shot!

Janet said...

I am pretty sure that if I make this it will become a most requested recipe here too. Who doesn't love caramel and bananas and whipped cream?

Michelle said...

Yum!! I look forward to making this soon.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Oh my, thatlooks so delicious! I'd love a slice.

happy Outdoor Wednesday!

LV said...

I would never attempt to make this. I woulds love having a big slice with coffee anytime it is ready.

Marina Capano said...

HI!
Beautiful pics, lovin' that SHOT!
Great recipe!

xoxo

Alisha K said...

Hello I am a new follower from the OW. I would love a follow back at http://megankayden.blogspot.com/

Shirley said...

I just love banana cream pie and with chocolate, OH MY!!!

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

What a beautiful boat! My hubby's favorite is Lemon Meringue but yours sure looks worth trying! Have a blessed week. Debbie

Ms. Bake-it said...

I would love to be on that sail boat right now! Great picture! The pie sounds good. I am going to give the recipe to my MIL.

Thanks for sharing!

~ Tracy

Kathy Walker said...

Great photo! Hubby would love this pie. I can see it becoming the most requested at our house, too. I will make this as soon as I get home!

Linda said...

Oh my goodness....banana cream is my favorite, but this one looks over the top! I'm going to have to make this one!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I love your blue monday~ but that pie is a friday favorite for sure!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Your pie looks just scrumptious!

Simple Daisy said...

Lovely photos!! That pie looks amazing:)

Decor To Adore said...

Oh boy does this look good! What time is dessert? :)

Anne said...

Oh goodness Queen B! This looks absolutely sinful and delicious! Wow!

La Table De Nana said...

You have a lovely blog~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails