Thursday, September 4, 2008

Baking Cookies

If you're old enough, maybe you remember this cookbook in your Mom's kitchen !
I can't tell you how much I LOVED flipping through this book when December rolled around, and I would stare at all the pretty cookies and dream of them ! I was thrilled beyond belief to find this at Costco one year. I snatched it up simply because it reminded me of my childhood !
Now, all my kids love it when I dig it out and put it on the kitchen table. The kids have left sticky notes on pages pointing to the cookie they would love for me to bake one day !


Well, as Hanna approaches, I figure I'll be in for the weekend. I got out this cookbook today, ran to the store, and the Princess and I are going to bake...






CHOCOLATE CRINKLES
!!
by Betty Crocker

1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted, cooled
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup powdered sugar

1. In large bowl, mix oil, chocolate, granulated sugar and vanilla. Stir in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours.
2. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray.
3. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar; roll around to coat and shape into balls. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly in center. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails