Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Cozy Kitchen's Pizza Tradition





I was completely inspired by Donna Talley and her article in The Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Publications ITALIAN magazine ! She shares the story of her own pizza making traditions with her family and the recipe that her Sicilian grandmother created 100 years ago ! I loved the idea that making pizza could truly become a 'family tradition' in my own home. I love to cook, and I'm always, and I do mean, ALWAYS in the kitchen and I love it. But I also want to have those memories of spending time together in my kitchen, where it's ok for the kids to help... and this is the perfect solution. I'm beginning my own PIZZA TRADITION TODAY ! Thank you Donna Talley for inspiring me !

I can't believe it. I finally made my first homemade pizza....and it turned out perfectly ! Trust me, if I can do it, anyone can do it ! I got tired of spending $35.oo every Friday Night for Pizza Night. We can't start out a weekend without PIZZA NIGHT ! As much as I LOVE to cook, I have just been too terrified to ever try and make my own pizza dough. UNTIL NOW ! There's something to be said for that quote...."Just do it"....




Dry yeast .59
Tomato sauce .49
4 c. cheese 4.00
toppings ? depending on what you choose... $2 - $5.00
** feeds my family PLUS we have leftovers ! HELLO !

$35.00 FOR 2 LARGE pizzas at our favorite place...



Or HOMEMADE BY YOU for $10.08 !! What a wonderful family tradition ! I know I can count on the Princess to "help" me ! (priceless!)



I think I might do this Christmas Eve !
The best part is that my family likes mine better !!!! Yippee !!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails