Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cranberry Fruit Conserve



This is mine.  All mine.
Everyone in my family adores Oceanspray Jellied Cranberry Sauce and they aren't about to convert.  I like it too, but one year I watched Ina Garten make this on her show, and gave it a whirl.  I'm so glad I did.  It' simply amazing. Yum!  {Did I mention it was mine ?}
By the way, our Greenberg Smoked Turkey was out of this world, once again. It makes the most amazing leftovers...smoked turkey sandwiches.....oh my...


Cranberry Fruit Conserve {Barefoot Contessa Parties cookbook)

1 (12-ounce) bag of fresh cranberries, cleaned

1 3/4 cups sugar

1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and chopped

1 orange, zest grated and juiced

1 lemon, zest grated and juiced

3/4 cup raisins (I did NOT add)

3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (I used pecans!)


Cook the cranberries, sugar, and 1 cup of water in a saucepan over low heat for about 5 minutes, or until the skins pop open. Add the apple, zests, and juices and cook for 15 more minutes. Remove from the heat and add the raisins and nuts. Let cool, and serve chilled

P.s.
It's  Foodie Friday  & DIY day over at A soft Place to Land.



13 comments:

Deb said...

This sounds yummy! Going to have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy Walker said...

This sounds great! I love cranberry dishes...compotes, chutneys, whatever. If there is a cranberry involved, it is usually pretty good. The cherries in this would be great!

Julia said...

Oh how I love cranberry yumminess. Thanks for the recipe!

Rita said...

I love love cranberries and you have thought me a new way to enjoy them;thank you.
Rita

Teresa said...

Oh I was wishing for a cranberry recipe like this for Thanksgiving!
Yum!
Can't go wrong with INA!
XXOOXX

Catherine said...

can i use frozen cranberries( we don't have fresh here?We have cranberry juice, i love it . catherine

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

This looks so fresh and delicious!

Simple Daisy said...

yummy!!!
One more thing to try before the season ends:)

Cass @ That Old House said...

I love all things cranberry! I make a traditional sauce for the holiday, but my sister in law makes a wonderful "salad" with cranberries, nuts, celery and who knows what else, and I LOVE it too. Now I have a 3rd cranberry delight to try!
Cass

Jeanne Oliver said...

I make a cranberry and orange chutney every year and it is my favorite part of the meal.

dtbrents said...

I looked everywhere before Thanksgiving for a recipe like this. I will make it for Christmas. After the Ocean Spray Cranberry sauce this year I think your family might change their minds. They have taken out most of the whole cranberries. The cans are a lot smaller. God bless, Doylene

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Looks like a great sauce. Around here this sort of cranberry sauce is so popular that we can buy it in the deli case at the grocery store so I stopped making my own years ago. We love it and it makes a nice spread for a left over turkey sandwich.

CC said...

This will definately be on my holiday table...p.s. I love Barefoot Contessa..she seems so sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails