Sunday, August 9, 2009

Treasure



I heard Southern Hospitality was having a blog party, so I decided to join in.
They were asking what kind of 'treasures' we found this weekend.
Well, I found treasure. I didn't pay a dime for any of it.
Not one cent.
Just look at what I found.

Big, gigantic, PERFECT, shells. Shells so big, that I didn't even think they came that big. Really. I ooooh'd and aaaaa'd all day long.


We were going to go tubing, but instead decided to drop anchor at this island. No one lives here. It's only accessible by boat. My only regret was that I didn't have a camera as mine broke while I was on vacation. Yet I had my cell phone ! I had to take a picture. I just had to.


But the more I thought about it, the more I thought that I wasn't meant to have a camera on this day. I was alone with my thoughts as I plucked shells from the sea shore, and even right out of the ocean. No distractions of taking pictures. As I was gathering these little gems, I thanked God a zillion times for giving me this moment in my life.


The big question remains...what do I do with all these shells ? I have a lot ! Maybe a blog giveaway ? Does anyone else love shells like I do ?

Oh, I almost forgot... I found these a the local thrift store. I love any type of refrigerator glass.


I'm done with plastic storage & toxins !


{Vintage Pyrex, $3.50 for the large, $2.50 for the small }


15 comments:

Drawn to The Sea said...

Does anyone not love shells? Love the little pyrex... I stupidly gave most of mine away awhile back, must start watching the shops again.

Reeni said...

What gorgeous shells!! How neat that you can get on your little boat and find your way to a deserted island paradise! That is just so cool. I am extremely jealous!

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog as it brought me here. I love the photo that you took of your little neices. You have a great blog...don't be a stranger.

★Carol★ said...

Isn't each shell you find prettier than the one before?! I could do that all day, I think, and not get bored! Great deal on the Pyrex. That stuff is expensive at thrift stores, and REALLY expensive at antique stores!

One Shabby Old House said...

I have a friend who is a shell artist. If you want some good ideas check out her blog.
www.shabbyshells.blogspot.com.
She inspires me.
What a wonderful day...God is pretty awesome isn't He.
Hugs
Becky

Carrie said...

I love your pyrex!!!! Cute AND useful!

SeaWorthy said...

You know, I think I love the hunt just as much as I love the find....
We dont often find gi-gantic babies like you did, mostly the sandollar and a few scallop shells..But I love them like they were gold!!
youve got youself a nice place here, girlfriend!!
xo
Coastal NEst
Lisa

Kammy said...

Love the shells ! So beachy, so airy !
Kammy

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Good morning from Canada!!! So glad you came by.....I love those shells,as you know I am mad about anything from the sea...those are stunning,where are you going to use them? I will be back(lots)till then,all the best,Chrissy

Maya said...

Me..., I do love shells! What I find here in coastal RI are mostly Quahog shells and I have a few of them at home. They're pretty large too. These seem to be scallop shells, beautiful! And what a great place to collect them.

LuLu said...

remember where that island is cause you are taking me when I visit! and you better hide the pyrex cause I just may have to sneak home with them!
LuLu

Anne said...

What a wonderful weekend- beautiful shells and I love the island. Your photos always seem so unreal (and so far from my life, it's crazy!)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE shells! That IS the greatest treasure to me!

theUngourmet said...

What great finds!

I'd love to go hang out on this island for a couple of days!

Love that Pyrex!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Love your shells & your Pyrex. I too am trying to get away from all the plastic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails